Experience Southwest Virginia and the scenic New River Valley
The Inn is strategically located within close proximity to many of Blacksburg and the New River Valley’s unique attractions.
- What better way to make yourself feel at home in Blacksburg than to watch some Hokie sports? Virginia Tech has everyone’s favorite sports games occurring on campus all school year long. Stop by to see why VT students are so passionate about their teams! To learn more, visithttp://www.hokiesports.com/.
- The beautiful Pete Dye River Course located in Radford, Virginia is sure to meet your golfing and dining needs. The clubhouse rests on a cliff above the New River for a premium view of both the water and the greens. Virginia Tech proudly owns and integrates the school’s ambiance into the design and experience at the River Course. To learn more, visit http://www.petedyerivercourse.com/
- Attention, baseball fans! Southwest, VA is home to two successful minor league baseball teams based in Salem and Pulaski. The Pulaski Yankees are a part of the Appalachian League. The Salem Red Sox play their home games at Salem Memorial Ballpark and are a part of the Carolina League. You can typically expect games for either team from April through September. To learn more, visit either http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t414(Red Sox) or http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t425(Yankees).
- The Cascade Falls hike is about a 4 mile round trip moderate/easy hike along a creek that ends at the waterfall. Whether Cascade Falls is frozen or running water, it is a view to remember. To learn more, visit http://www.virginiasmtnplayground.com/cascades/.
- Dragon’s Tooth is a 5.7-mile round trip for more adventurous hikers. The trail features points of rock climbing and overlooks, and ends in a gorgeous view of Southwest, VA. To learn more, visit http://www.hikingupward.com/JNF/DragonsTooth
- McAfee's Knob trial is an 8.3-mile round trip leading to a natural rock ledge over the scenic Catawba Valley. There are a few different routes up to the knob, all of which are very popular among locals. To learn more, visit http://www.hikingupward.com/JNF/McAfeeKnob/.
- The Huckleberry trail is a paved bike and pedestrian path for those who are looking for a scenic view while exercising. The trail is about 5.8 miles and runs from the heart of Blacksburg to the New River Mall. To learn more, visit http://huckleberrytrail.org/.
- Pandapas pond is a man-made body of water that is known for its great fishing and canoeing opportunities. To learn more, visit http://www.virginia.org/Listings/OutdoorsAndSports/PandapasPond/