Accessible Stays in Blacksburg, VA
Hotel and Website Accessibilitydate: 8/30/2022 At Inn at Virginia Tech, we make sure every guest enjoys a comfortable, safe, and seamless experience. We offer hotel and website accessibility features so that each guest can experience the best of what we offer. Please feel free to look at the details below to see how we can meet your needs. If you have questions, call us at (540) 231-8000 or email us at [email protected].
HOTEL ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES
- 12 out of 147 rooms and suites are accessible
- There are fire alarms for the audio & visually impaired
- There is an accessible entrance without stairs
- Service Animals Accepted
- Alternative or Large Lettering on All Signage
- There is an accessible covered area for pickup & dropoff
- There is accessible self-parking
- We have accessible parking spots
- There are 8 van-accessible parking spots
- There are 8 accessible parking spots
- All accessible parking spaces are closest to the restaurant entrance
- The entrance ramp is non-slip
- The ramps have railings
- There is an accessible path to check-in
- There is an accessible path to guest rooms
- There is an accessible path for all public spaces
- There is an accessible elevator
- There is an accessible path to maneuver in the fitness center
DINING ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES
- The entrance path to the restaurant is accessible without stairs
- The entrance path to the restaurant is firm and slip-resistant
- The entrance path is free of objects protruding into the space
- The entrance ramp is non-slip
- The entrance door is operable with a closed fist
- The restaurant has aisles of at least 36 inches between fixed seating
- The restaurant has wheelchair-accessible seating distributed throughout the dining area
- The accessible tables and counters are between 28 inches and 34 inches high
- The restaurant has accessible public restrooms
- The restaurant has signage indicating the location of accessible restrooms
Inn at Virginia Tech
At Inn at Virginia Tech we are committed to providing an excellent online experience for all our guests - including those with hearing, vision, and other disabilities. To ensure this, Inn at Virginia Tech strives to substantially conform with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 . Our website is designed, developed, and maintained in accordance with these guidelines, including regular testing. If you have any difficulty, questions, or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility of our website, please contact us at [email protected] or (540) 231-8000. Subsequent reports were run on: 03/01/2023; 02/09/2023; 02/04/2023; 01/12/2023; 01/02/2023; 12/01/2022; 11/21/2022; 11/04/2022; 10/03/2022; 09/01/2022
Browser HelpOptimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage: Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer : Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Website Accessibility FeaturesThis website is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Navigation ShortcutsOur website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic MarkupHTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://www.innatvirginiatech.com/site-map
Images VisibilityAll content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
Standards ComplianceThe site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and ServicesThe following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.