Successful Meetings at the Skelton Conference Center
Experienced meeting professionals & IACC-certified facility
The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center is the only IACC (International Association of Conference Centers) approved conference center in Southwest Virginia. This approval ensures that we have the perfect ingredients to make your next meeting a success.
- 23,705 square feet of flexible meeting space
- 8,832 square-foot Ballroom with 22-foot ceilings
- 2,193 square feet of pre-function space
- Outdoor function space is available for your event
- 11 dedicated conference rooms • Remote group registration available
- Each venue offers state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment, including modem, fax, and T-1 connectivity
Experienced meeting professionals are on hand to assist with all your meeting needs. Our conference planning managers have an average of 14 years of experience and are dedicated to working with you on every detail of your meeting.
They will supervise the full range of facilities and services required to ensure that your meeting runs smoothly and successfully so you can relax and enjoy your program.
Specifically, your planner will help you with your guest and meeting room arrangements as well as audio/visual requirements.
- Computers loaded with Microsoft Office for your presentation needs
- LCD projectors to make your presentation visible
- Video conference capabilities
- High quality audio with user friendly microphones
- Enhanced internet connectivity
- Conference technicians available for assistance on site
“We have coordinated many events in our careers, but have never has as much fun seeing an event manifest itself into reality as we did with the National Kickoff. Furthermore, we’ve never had any event – large or small – go off so well. This was possible because of your dedication, commitment, flexibility, and resourcefulness. Thank you for the time, energy, talent, and kindness expended on this event. This campaign – and, by default, its national kickoff – are historic for our university. Thank you for playing a pivotal role”
- Hunter Gresham, Director of Special Events Virginia Tech
“Just a quick note to thank you for all your help to get us up and running for our May Annual Meeting – both pre-event and post-event! There are only two people in this office and we were so overrun with details, I was glad you were only a phone call away. You helped our stress level drop tremendously!”
- Laura Pynn, The Community Foundation of the New River Valley
“From the moment we began planning our retreat in July until it was over, your staff was outstanding! This is the 5th retreat I’ve hosted and this one was by far the best. Both setting up for the retreat and packing our stuff away we had expert assistance. Our meals were well prepared, nicely proportioned, and delicious. Our staff raved about the food. The accommodations were well appointed, clean and comfortable. We had a great retreat thanks to your excellent staff. Whenever I have an occasion for a meeting or conference, the Inn at VT will be my first call.”
- Betty Etzler Family Preservation Services, Inc.