Modern meetings engineered by Virginia Tech
Long known for hosting successful, productive meetings, The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center meets your needs in a modern environment. In addition to developing best practices that are mindful of health and safety concerns, The Inn offers four meeting rooms with the same equipment and capabilities found in the University's leading-edge classrooms. This technology, which produces high-quality meetings, will assist in both in-person meetings as well as hybrid meetings, where some participants are on site and others are connecting virtually from around the country or world.
Like the Skelton Conference Center overall, these spaces and the technology are managed by a team of conference planning and audio-visual experts. Our team is available to all groups and can provide a comprehensive orientation to the system or full-service, in-room technical production and support to ensure your meeting is perfect.
Control & Connectivity
Each room features:
- A conveniently located touch panel that controls all the audio-visual components
- An installed projector and screen. Additional 55" LCD flat screen monitors may be set up temporarily to support your needs
- Dedicated 100Mbps Internet bandwidth
Security features are built into the design. The credentials required to connect to the service will be visible only to the person designated as leader. Once connected, the next connection will require new credentials.
Each room includes:
- Front- and rear-facing Aver CAM530 PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom) cameras. The video feed is controlled at the main hub and patches in directly to the conferencing session.
- Four ceiling microphones with 360-degree pickup. The Vaddio USB MicPOD system is self-manageable, adjusting the gain and echo cancellation in the room based on speaking levels.
- Available lapel, hand-held, and podium mics that will come through the conferencing session as well as the house sound.